When you are thinking about holiday party recipes, it is always good to keep in mind that it is a good idea to serve some appetizers hot. Here it is important to choose a recipe that as easy and won't keep you in the kitchen for hours, away from your guests. With this one you can make all the preparations, mingle with your guest while they are baking, quickly fill them and serve! Because of the cheese, sour cream and bacon bits, this is one of our very tasty holiday party recipes.
- 1 (24 oz) pkg. shredded hash brown patties, thawed
- 1 1/2 C shredded Cheddar cheese
- Break the egg into a mixing bowl and beat slightly with a fork.
- Break the hash brown patties into pieces and add to the egg mixing the two together well.
- Set the oven temperature to 400 degrees and allow the oven to heat.
- Spray a mini muffin pan with a non stick cooking spray.
- Place a T of the potato mixture into each of the muffin tins.
- Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the tins.
- Bake 30 minutes, remove and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Return to the oven and continue baking an additional 3 minutes or until the cheese has completely melted.
- Remove and allow cooling slightly.
- Top each potato muncher with a dollop of whipped sour cream.
- Sprinkle the bacon bits over the top.
- Serve while still slightly warm.
Serving Size: 36
When mixing the egg and hash browns together be sure to coat the hash browns well. This makes it much easier to hold the potatoes together when pressing them into the muffin tin.
It is possible to vary this recipe by adding chopped garlic chives to the sour cream. You have to be careful though not to add too many and kill the delicate taste of the cheese and bacon. If find sour cream and chives a very good combination. As the hash brown "crust" is very neutral you can also use it for a variety of other fillings of your choice. This may very well become one of your favorite holiday party recipes!
ARTICLE SOURCE: http://www.articlesbase.com/recipes-articles/holiday-party-recipes-cheesy-bacon-potato-munchers-754772.html